Friday 29 July 2016

Aber Falls,Gwynedd, Wales 23rd July 2016

On the 23rd July 2016 we set off to visit Aber Falls. I've heard good things about these and wanted to see them for myself.
We parked up paid a fee quid for parking and set off along the path.

The Aber Falls waterfall is situated just off the main A55 trunk road behind the quiet village of Abergwyngregyn. Although this is an easy and short walk do not underestimate its potential. The valley of the Coedydd National Nature Reserve is a hidden gem with an abundance of wildlife and stunning woodland and mountain scenery. Like most waterfalls they are best seen either after heavy rainfall or during cold winter months when ice forms.


My wife Mel saw a sign indicating the distance and approximate time it'd take to walk. Not being a walker she obviously was concerned she wouldn't be able to do it and walked off fast and didn't want to stop in case she couldn't restart. Ignore these signs they really do over exaggerate the time required to walk it. Its only 2.5 miles but they state it takes 2 hours.


Aber Falls (Rhaeadr Fawr in Welsh) is a waterfall located about two miles (3 km) south of the village of Abergwyngregyn, Gwynedd, Wales.









You could hear the falls even before you could see them.




On reaching the falls we stopped to take photos of these stunning falls.







We made our way across the slippery rocks to get a closer look.













Well sitting there I just couldn't resist the urge to get into the crystal clear water and have a swim.








So exhilarating to immerse yourself in the cool water running off the mountains.My first wild swim too. Even though everyone else thought I was mad and told me so too as I got out.












We made our way back down to the car and I had to put plastic on thr car seat as my shorts were still soaking wet .