It is a remnant of the grounds of Dagnams Park, the house of the manor of Dagnams. In 1947 the 850 acres remaining of the Dagnams estate was sold to the London County Council for the construction of the Harold Hill estate.
The park is part of The Manor Local Nature Reserve, which includes Hatters Wood, Fir Wood, Duck Wood and Dagnam Park.
River Ingrebourne. In the Harold Hill area the manor was subdvided into Dagnams, Cockerells and Gooshays. The Havering courts and Romford vestry were the principal local government in the area. The Havering liberty was abolished in 1892 and the vestry in 1894. Following the Local Government Act 1894 the area was split between the parishes of Romford Rural (in the west) and Noak Hill (in the east), each with a parish council and within the Romford Rural District. In 1900 the Romford Rural parish was abolished and the area was then split between the Romford Urban District (in the west) and Noak Hill in Romford Rural District (in the east). In 1934 Romford Urban District absorbed Noak Hill, bringing the whole area under the authority of Romford Urban District Council. Romford was incorporated as a municipal borough in 1937 governed by Romford Borough Council, which was the local authority during the construction of the estate. The Municipal Borough of Romford was abolished in 1965 and Harold Hill became part of the London Borough of Havering in Greater London.
|Ben amongst the Wild Garlic|
|Herd of Deer in the park|
A lovely 2 mile walk amongst the bluebells, same again next year!